Thursday 1 September 2016

Alkborough's Western Swamphen

So no Swamphen sightings yesterday, I considered myself lucky to have seen it on Tuesday and wondered where it would turn up next.  I knew lots of people were looking yesterday so really wasn't expecting to see it again however decided to go down to Alkborough this morning for a walk as much as anything, I never go in the hides as the flaps are too heavy for me to lift up obviously designed by a man!! Anyway as I walked passed the hide I could see one of the flaps open so thought I may as well take a look and straight away saw the Swamphen straight out from the hide preening in the water! No one on site to tell so made a few calls and by the power of twitter, bird guides and RBA the crowds soon started to appear, hopefully Wayne will get some better photos tonight.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment