Thursday 28 January 2010

Emerging Snowdrops

At last the sun is out - it seems quite a while now since we last saw it so a good opportunity to go in to the park and photograph the emerging Snowdrops.  They have been poking through for a couple of weeks now but it has been so cold and dull that it just wasn't worth trying to get some shots and I have to say after taking about 50 shots this morning, this was the only one that was anywhere near sharp and correctly exposed - try as I  might I just could not get the macro to focus where I wanted and not where it wanted - I'm sure I never had this problem with the Canon but the Snowdrops will be out for another month yet so practice will hopefully make perfect.

The birds were on good form also, whilst stood in one spot I could see 20+ Redwings, 1 Treecreeper, 1 Goldcrest, 2 Bullfinch, 2 Goldfinch, 2 Mistle Thrush, small Tit flock and numerous Blackbirds and then along came a dog walker straight through the middle and the whole lot was gone,  now I like dogs and I like walkers but put the two together and ...........



1 comment:

  1. Nice pic of the snowdrops, I saw some in a neighbours garden in Kent today too.

    Nicholas

    ReplyDelete