Thursday 20 May 2010

Normanby's Trees

I know there is an excessive amount of images here but the Park is stunningly beautiful at the moment - I think this morning was possibly the prime day of the year - you can see the light changed from blue skies and sun to complete cloud cover - I also had this morning the largest most fabulous Hornet I have ever seen but sadly no pictures as for some unexplicable reason the camera would not focus on it despite it sitting still for at least two minutes giving me the opportunity to try different focusing modes. The Nikon is very frustrating at times - the old Canon Ixus never let me down and of course it was nothing to do with the operator!  I have to say the Park staff have done a fabulous job both with letting nature take care of itself and with the formal gardens - if you haven't been then I strongly recommend a visit in the very near future before summer takes its toll.
Weeping Willow

Oak


The Avenue of Limes

Oak

Oaks

Horse Chestnut

Horse Chestnut

Tulip Tree


Copper Beech and Laburnum







1 comment:

  1. Too bad the hornet eluded you, but the trees more than make up for it. You really captured the essence of that soul-renewing quality of trees.

    ReplyDelete