Monday 5 November 2012

Autumn colours intensify

Rushed out this morning in the hope of catching up with a Harrier which I watched fly over the garden and head into the park - I was unable to get anything on it  as I was looking in the direction of the sun but it would probably have been a Marsh Harrier - I never did catch up with it!.  Lots of Siskins flying around the park and the Jays are busy building up their winter larders, I also heard a Green Woodpecker and there is a sizeable flock of Long-Tailed Tits and the odd Nuthatch but other than that the park is devoid of birds at the moment.  The tree colour at the moment is dramatic - the Copper Beech have progressed from their reddish hue of last week and have developed a beautiful golden colour.

IMG_3839

IMG_3840

IMG_3842

IMG_3843

IMG_3844

IMG_3846

IMG_3847

IMG_3848

No comments:

Post a Comment