Friday 25 April 2014

Andrew Percy's response to Massacre in Malta

A quick and more personable response to my email - I would urge you to write to your own MEP/MP.

Dear Ms Gillatt,

Thank you for your email to Andrew. Andrew has asked me to make contact with you regarding this and, as a keen birdwatcher myself, I am very sorry to hear of your concerns about the impact of this in your area.

I have been watching the current situation very closely and feel that Chris Packham is providing important coverage to bring attention to this devastating occurrence. Unfortunately, I have only ever seen a Turtle Dove once and that was in the depths of North Yorkshire!

As you have correctly stated, the European Wild Birds Directive is EU legislation and as such is the responsibility of the EU to enforce. You may, therefore, wish to contact your MEPs and they can be found via: https://www.writetothem.com/who?pc=DN15+9JA

That said, Andrew has written to Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Minister of State for Europe, to raise this with him and request any advice or assistance that he can offer.

I will be in touch just as soon as Andrew receives a response from the Minister and I trust that this meets with your expectations. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if Andrew can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Robert

Robert Lingard
Senior Caseworker for Andrew Percy MP
Member of Parliament for Brigg & Goole

No comments:

Post a Comment