Tuesday 5 May 2020

Day 41 of Lockdown

Nearly six weeks of lockdown in the UK now and still easily finding something new to identify each day either in the garden or on our hours exercise and still adding to our birding lockdown list with an unexpected Cuckoo yesterday! Insect wise it has been very exciting in the garden as you can see;

Green Nettle Weevil 



On the face of it the next two look pretty similar however due to the plants they were on and length of antennae I'm confident they are Solomons Seal Sawfly and Iris Sawfly




Solitary Bees where to begin - I have Steven Falk's field guide to British Bees which is a fabulous book if only I had the skills to use it - I spent a longtime keying this bee out to Andrena wilkella and then via twitter asked Steven to confirm my id and no surprise I was wrong it is in fact Andrena clarkella




No comments:

Post a Comment