Saturday 10 October 2009

New camera

I have been looking for a new camera for a while now and having narrowed down my choice to 3 I finally plumped for the Nikon P6000 .  So today had its first outing and I know it's early days but I think I made the right choice as it seems to be customed made to compliment our Kowa scope.  As you can see from the two digiscoped images below, there is no vignetting and these are hand held at 1/60th of a second and the camera only weighs 250g!  I loved my old Canon Ixus 800 but the screen has virtually worn away and the view finder is full of dust so I must try to take more care of this one but so far the Nikon has won the digiscope test handsdown however the next test will be landscapes and macros, which I'm expecting the canon to win but we'll see!

2 comments:

  1. Great shots! Seems you made an excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good so far - post me something larger though!

    Nicholas

    ReplyDelete