Wednesday 22 December 2010

The big chill continues…

but these aren’t more snow scenes but frost scenes -  the snow is very slowly clearing but with day time temperatures of -9 and night time -13 the ice is incredible if not dangerous under foot - we Brits are just not good at such low temperatures and indeed the whole country is slowly grinding to a halt.
IMG_0348 (2)
IMG_0350 (2)
I felt very guilty when taking the photo below as unknown to me a Woodcock and 2 Snipe were presumably feeding along this stream and I inadvertently flushed them however in my defence in all my years of visiting the park I have never seen these two species here but when everywhere else is frozen solid, birds must go wherever they can.
IMG_0353 (2)
IMG_0356 (2)
IMG_0359 (2)
IMG_0361 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment