Thursday 30 December 2010

I have a new camera..

Yes another one, Father Christmas was very kind and bought me a Canon S95 - he must have known that my Nikon P6000 has been acquired for digiscoping by a certain other and is therefore always virtually unusable due to the amount of paraphernalia attached to it but I have to say based on its first trip out the Canon is so much more fun to use than the Nikon.  It is also truly pocketable unlike the Nikon and you can whiz round changing exposures and ISO’s like there’s no tomorrow - it has many gimmicks on it that I might just use for once like a short cut button where you can program in a feature for quick access - I have currently set it to change for jpeg to raw or both - everything is just so much quicker to access and change. The 3” screen is very clear and bright, admittedly though there wasn’t a hint of sun this morning so all I need now is some good weather-  we have been clouded in fog since the snow disappeared and as you can see from Normanby’s fishing lake things are still frozen solid.
On the birding front things quiet in the Park this morning but noticeably all are beginning to pair up particularly the Jackdaws and Mallards also male Nuthatch frantically calling so spring is just around the corner..

IMG_0122
IMG_0128
IMG_0130
ok I know the image above isn’t sharp but it was taken at 1/15th of  sec and I just like the feel of it
IMG_0123

No comments:

Post a Comment