Tuesday 23 July 2013

Bombus Bohemicus?

I am continuing in my quest to identify all the Bees coming into the garden and gosh is it difficult - I have tried using an assortment of websites to help but have found these to be rather confusing and felt the need to have a good old fashioned book as reference, so off to my nature loving neighbour Sheila I went who I knew would have a book and yes she had just the one that seems to be “the one” to have, - Field Guide to the Bumblebees of Great Britain and Ireland by Mike Edwards and Martin Jenner.  So with book in hand I think all the images below are of Bombus Bohemicus and what I shock as it isn’t a true social bee but a parasitic Cuckoo-Bee commonly known a Gypsy Cuckoo-Bee.  But I could be completely wrong so hopefully someone out there will put me on the right track.. Double click on image to make larger!

IMG_5335

IMG_5336

IMG_5337

IMG_5346

IMG_5351

IMG_5352

IMG_5400

IMG_5402

IMG_5403

IMG_5405

IMG_5411

IMG_5420

IMG_5428

IMG_5431

No comments:

Post a Comment