Monday 4 May 2015

Red-throated Pipit

After seeing some nice photos of a summer plumaged Red-throated Pipit which was found on Sunday on the other side of the pennines near Manchester, we thought it would be nice to go and see it but didn't really believe it would stay.  This morning we were about to go out and see what we could find locally when news came through that it was still present so the plans were changed and off we went.

Upon arrival people were spread out around the sheep field and a passing birder said it had not been seen for at least an hour, not good news.  I had barely got my coat on when Clare said what's this here, it's a pipit, it's the Red-throated, right in front of us where I had parked the car, then panic set in as I tried to get my scope and camera set up as hoards of birders came running round.







2 comments: