Tuesday 17 April 2012

Red Kite over Flixborough

I have always dreamed of having a Red Kite over the Park and this afternoon came very close as a Red Kite floated over my car as I approached the next village along from Normanby - Flixborough.  Unfortunately no camera but scope on front seat meant good views were had as it drifted over Atkinson’s Warren and over to Scunthorpe.  As it was just outside the parish boundary I can’t count it as a parish tick but fingers crossed it may hang around and drift back over Normanby. Luckilly I saw it inbetween showers and in full sun so it looked stunning - interestingly I couldn't see any wing tags on it.

1 comment:

  1. hi spotted an unmistakable redkite on way home from work on crosby ave, then again on buckingham ave, scunthorpe,spent acouple of minutes watching it before it headed towards frodingham road area, this was at 3pm today
    14.5.12.this is the 1st time ive seen one very
    impresive.

    ReplyDelete