Monday 16 March 2015

A purely gastronomic post with no birds

Yes we ate very well in Mexico, I was worried I would starve as I can’t abide anything with chilli in but in my ignorance I was unaware that they rarely put chilli into a dish but rather you always get a bottle and an accompaniment of chilli to add as you so wish!  Every meal starts with a dish of tortilla chips with a salsa or guacamole and all dishes come with a knitted hat full of tortillas I kid you not see first image and refried beans  which is the brown mass on every plate, can’t say I miss them!

Only a cheese and ham omeletteIMG_6980 (2)

Quesadilla - loved these basically a toasted sandwichIMG_6901 (2)

Had fish most nights always lots of limesIMG_6904 (2)

Enchiladas with refried beansIMG_6905 (2)

IMG_6914 (2)

IMG_6917 (2)

Wayne unimpressed with his chicken in chocolate sauce!IMG_6965 (2)

The only Tequila I got to taste - fish cooked in it!IMG_6966 (2)

 

IMG_6985 (2)

More refried beansIMG_7049 (2)

More cheese quesadillasIMG_7057 (2)

Always on the tableIMG_7121    Ceviche which is basically raw seafood marinated with lime juice and a dish of refried beans hiding!



IMG_7124And more fish with more refried beans!IMG_7125

No comments:

Post a Comment